Fire Safety Contracts Manager:
The main purpose of this role is to lead the mobilisation of ASW’s workstreams and its Sub Contractors in the overall project that you have been assigned to. Being the communication link between ASW’s clients or representatives. This will be achieved together through the delivery of high-quality customer and client focused services in relation to the planned or reactive maintenance of the client’s properties.
As the primary contact of the ASW’s Operational team on site, you will liaise directly with the assigned personnel on the contract you are overseeing, and the organisations customers on daily basis ensuring high levels of communication and delivering market leading levels of customer satisfaction.
You will achieve this by working with and promoting the delivery of an innovative, customer focus repairs and maintenance and ensuring a clear understanding of the customers’ requirements, specifications, deadlines and budgets.
You will strive to continuously improve the efficiency of the service you manage and install a culture of best practice, and customer-focused obsession within your team.
As a Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for:-
- A whole site or, with larger schemes, be responsible for part of a project and report to a more Senior Manager or Director, who may be taking care of several projects at the same time.
- Experience in dealing with Fire contracts such as compartmentation works and Fire Doors
- Be expected to manage budgets throughout the process and monitor the quality of work of all staff and contractors involved on the project. controlling of costs, time scales and quality are all critical and you will need to be able to troubleshoot fast if things go wrong, to deliver workable solutions to any problems.
- Promote and maintain Health and Safety, including site inspections and Operational Audits to ensure safety rules are being followed.
- Part of your role you will before work starts will be to assist with mobilisation by taking on staff, and preparing the site, carefully planning the work with the Senior Manager and Quantity Surveyor on what works must be done and when.
- Monitor progress, oversee ordering and delivery of materials and carry out routine Health and Safety checks, sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise.
- Keep in close contact with members of their site team, and liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners.
- Keep the client updated regularly on progress by means of verbal and electronic means of communication.
- Act as the first point of contact for members of the public and sub-contractors.
- Ensure all documentation such as POWRA’S, Scaffolding Registers, Asbestos Registers, COSHH Data Sheets, Site Diaries and Plant and Vehicle checks including fuel ordering are completed and up to date daily.
- Ensure that the Project O & M Health and Safety Folder is up to date and ready upon completion of EVERY project.
- Responsible for the projects Housekeeping and Site Cleanliness.
This list is not an exhaustive list of duties but summarise the main duties and responsibilities that a Contract Managers is responsible for.
- · 5 years Site Management experience
- · BM Trada experience (preferred)
- · Must be able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- · Must be able to demonstrate an exceptional knowledge of Health and Safety including CDM 2015.
- · Good communication skills
- · Problem-solving skills
- · Decision-making ability
- · Commercial awareness
- · Knowledge of building methods and regulations.
- · Quality Control
- · Able to demonstrate previous high-performance levels in terms of customer service and support.
- · Experience of working with a range of IT software such as Microsoft Office and resource scheduling systems.
- · Previous experience of managing a heavy workload and of managing competing demands.
- · Previous experience of working within a performance focused environment and have a proven track record of successfully meeting performance targets.
- · SMSTS
- · First Aid Certificate
- · Full UK driving license.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £32,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- SITE MANAGER: 5 years (required)
- Maintenance: 5 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: Pyle