Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager:
Additionally a key element of the role is to identify opportunities to grow and develop major projects works and fire compliance works for the business. Forge a strong relationship with your client counterparts, to ensure the commercial functions are jointly managed with relevant challenge when required, whilst ensuring compliance with the company policies, procedures and principles.
As a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for:-
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of accurate and timely cost estimates and tender documents for large projects, refurbishments, fire compliance, and major works.
- Conducting cost analysis and risk assessment to identify potential cost-saving measures and accurate budget allocation for each project.
- Collaborating with the project team to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions, local regulations, and industry standards.
- Attend Commercial Meetings both internally and with the Client.
- Ensure procurement and management of sub-contractors and other suppliers aligns with the strategies set out by the company.
- Evaluating and negotiating contracts with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing and delivery of quality materials and services.
- Monitoring project costs, including the preparation of monthly financial reports, variation assessments, and cost forecasting.
- Assisting in the preparation and evaluation of payment certificates, valuations, and final accounts to ensure accurate and timely payment to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Collaborating with the project team to identify and mitigate potential commercial risks and disputes, ensuring the smooth progress of the project.
- Conducting regular site visits and inspections to assess progress, quality, and compliance with specifications and workmanship standards.
- Assisting in the preparation of project progress reports, highlighting financial and commercial performance, and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all commercial activities, including contracts, variations, claims, and correspondence.
- Tendering and procuring specialist services required for large projects, refurbishments, fire compliance, and major works.
- Mentor graduate and trainee commercial staff within your division to support their development.
This list is not an exhaustive list of duties but summarise the main duties and responsibilities that a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager is responsible for.
- HND or degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as a Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager in a similar role, preferably within large construction refurbishment and fire compliance projects.
- Solid understanding of cost estimating, valuation techniques, and contract management principles.
- Ability to oversee a number of different projects at different stages of development, whilst having exceptional project management and time management skills.
- Knowledge of relevant construction laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills to build positive relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and individually, with a proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex information to diverse audiences.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 Negotiable based on experience
- Company vehicle/allowance
- Company pension
- Company events
- 30 days holiday entitlement inclusive of bank holidays
- Additional holidays for 5 and 10 year long service
- Free on-site parking
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- 40 Hours per Week
- Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager: 5 years (required)
- Refurbishment and Major Projects: 5 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: Swansea & Pyle